Real men DO eat quiche! Especially when Nikki makes it for them.
For breakfast this morning, Nic made a crustless quiche with blueberry-corn muffins and fresh grapefruit juice. Who is better than her?
Makes one 10 inch quiche which is enough for 4 really hungry or 6 normal people.
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, sliced (she uses baby bellas)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup of skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 10 inch pan (you can use a tarte pan or pie plate)
- Saute onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent, add spinach towards the end to wilt.
- Whisk eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, milk and cooled veggie mixture in a large bowl.
- Pour into greased pan and sprinkle Feta on top. Don’t forget to eat the pieces that missed the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges are brown and top center is fully set.
- Let cool for a bit, and serve.
Nic thinks sliced tomatoes on top would be a good addition, but I’m a bit weird with tomatoes and eggs.