Season 1 – Episode 7a: Tzaziki
Tzaziki is so easy to make, it surprises me how few times I’ve seen it outside of a Greek restaurant. A super refreshing combination of yogurt, cucumbers, garlic and dill and all of a sudden it’s a party!
I went to Greece a while ago, and between the tzaziki, Greek salad, and giant beans I was in heaven!
This episode is really short since the tzaziki was part of a larger meal, hence the episode numbering of 7a. Enjoy, and episode 7b should be coming soon.
Scaled to be used as a side dish or sauce, double or triple everything up for a party size dip.
- 7 oz container of Greek yogurt (if you decide to use a non Greek yogurt it needs to be strained over night)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 bunch of dill, washed really well (why is dill always so filthy?)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all ingredients finely, you can use a chopper/mini-food processor to speed things up.
- Mix with yogurt and refrigerate for a few hours (overnight is better)
- If it separates a bit in the fridge, just give it a quick stir before serving
- Serve with toasted pitas and a few olives, or use a sauce for other dishes
PS: The lighting still sucks, but I’ll get it right eventually.